We currently support Microsoft® Internet Explorer 7.0+ and above. Our website also supports Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Safari. However, we recommend that you use Microsoft® Internet Explorer. Also, your browser must support 128-bit encryption.
Frequently asked questions
Here you can quickly find answers to our customers’ most common questions.
- Like to know more about managing one of your accounts?
- Need additional information about a product or service?
- You can call us 24/7 on 03444 124444 (calls cost 5 pence per minute plus your phone company’s access charge
What browser does your website support?
What should I do if my browser frequently crashes?
If you encounter problems while accessing online banking you may need to upgrade your browser or update it with the most recent fixes to keep it running smoothly. Keeping your browser updated is also likely to protect your computer better as the latest fixes and patches will also address known security weaknesses.
What should I do if I see 'This programme has performed an illegal operation' on my computer?
This is commonly known as GPF (General Protection Fault). You'll have to restart your browser. If the problem persists, please consult your PC/Mac vendor.
How do I clear my browser cache in Internet Explorer?
- Open Internet Explorer
- Go to ‘Tools’
- Go to ‘Internet Options’
- Select ‘General’
- Go to ‘Temporary internet files’
- Click ‘Delete Files’
There is a 'Java Script Error' on my computer. What should I do?
This usually happens when a transaction is attempted before a page is completely loaded into your PC. To reload, please click on the toolbar, re-select the transaction and wait for the loading to be completed before you proceed. If this does not help, try clearing the browser's cache before you log in again.
I’m experiencing a slow response when accessing online banking. What’s wrong?
The slow response you are experiencing could be due to the following:
- You are not using the recommended browser, operating system and hardware.
- Your internet service provider, local area network or our system is experiencing a lot of traffic, which is causing it to run slowly.
Can I use a laptop to access online banking?
Yes, as long as the laptop meets the recommended system requirements.