|Cookie||Type of cookie||Current use|
This cookie is used for your protection and helps prevent unauthorised access to your Internet Banking account. This is required for our Internet Banking Service to operate with a high-level of security.
This is a Java Script file which defines the behavior of the top navigation of our website and is used for faster loading and effective representation of information on it, enabling our site to function as intended.
Persistent / Session
These cookies are used by Google Analytics and give us information about how visitors use our website. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, how visitors were directed to the website, and the pages they have visited. They are used across www.icicibank.co.uk and www.onlinetravelmoney.co.uk .
Persistent / Session
This cookie is required for completing e-commerce transactions on www.onlinetravelmoney.co.uk.
Frequently asked questions
Here you can quickly find answers to our customers’ most common questions.
- Like to know more about managing one of your accounts?
- Need additional information about a product or service?
- You can call us 24/7 on 0344 412 4444 (Calls to this number use free plan minutes if available, otherwise they cost the same as 01/02 prefix calls)
In this Policy "Group" means the ICICI Bank Limited group of companies which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries. Our information may be stored on a Group database and may be used by us and any Group company for the purposes set out below.
The content or services mentioned on our website may be changed in future and consequently this Policy may also change. Any changes we may make to this Policy in the future will be posted on this page and where appropriate, notified to you by email. We recommend that you re-visit this page regularly and inform us if you do not agree to any term mentioned here.
By “your information” we mean any information about you that you or third parties (such as, credit reference agencies, fraud prevention agencies or third parties associated with you) provide to us.
We and other Group companies will access, use and analyse your information for the following purposes:
- To manage, maintain and develop our relationship with you;
- To consider any applications made by you;
- To manage your account(s);
- To make financial risk assessments including money laundering checks and for fraud prevention purposes;
- To meet our regulatory compliance and reporting obligations;
- To provide you with information in relation to products, services and events of both Group companies and third parties which ICICI Bank considers may be of interest to you. However, we will do so only if you have given an explicit consent for this.
- To make credit related decisions about you;
- For assessment and analysis purposes including behaviour scoring and market and product analysis and
- To prevent crime, to verify your identity and to recover debt; and
- To develop and improve our services to you and to notify you about changes to our services.
We will not disclose any of your information outside the Group except:
- with your permission, or
- where we are required or permitted to do so by law, or regulation; or
- To credit reference and fraud prevention agencies and identity and address verification organizations who may record and use your information and disclose it to other lenders, financial services organizations and insurers. Your information may be used by those third parties to make assessments in relation to your creditworthiness for debt tracing, fraud and money laundering prevention purposes. For further information please refer to our product specific terms and conditions and application form;
- If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified, details will be passed to fraud prevention agencies. Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information. We and other organizations may also access and use this information to prevent fraud and money laundering, for example, when:
- Checking details on applications for credit and credit related or other facilities
- Managing credit and credit related accounts or facilities
- Recovering debt
- Checking details on proposals and claims for all types of insurance
- Checking details of job applicants and employees
Please contact us at 0344 412 4444 (Calls to this number use free plan minutes if available, otherwise they cost the same as 01/02 prefix calls) if you want to receive details of the relevant fraud prevention agencies.
- to government entities and regulatory bodies in order that those entities may discharge their responsibilities and obligations or exercise their powers or functions.
- To persons who act as our agents and service providers. Where we use agents and service providers this will be under a strict code of confidentiality and we will ensure that they have adequate security measures in place to safeguard your information;
- To a third party to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties under your customer agreement or any other agreement we enter into with you; We will transfer our rights and obligations only to those third parties whom we reasonably consider capable of performing them so that there is no reduction in the service standard provided to you by us.
- To third parties as part of the process of selling one or more of our businesses;
- To carefully selected third parties so that they can contact you about products or services that they think may interest you. We will pass your information to third parties for marketing purposes only if you have given an explicit consent for this.
We and other organisations may access and use from other countries the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies.
We will use your information to inform you by mail, telephone or email about products and services that may be of interest to you. You can tell us if you don’t want to receive such marketing information.
We obtain information about your general internet usage through a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
ICICI Bank currently uses the following cookies on its websites –
When you call the telephone banking service, we will verify your identity by asking you a number of questions based on information known to us about you and the transactions on your account. We may record your calls for training, quality and security purposes.
Customer email and internet communication
We may communicate with you via electronic mail (e-mail). We will never ask you for your password or account number. We are committed to keep your information confidential at all times.
Retention and disposal of data and output
We adhere to the Act and relevant regulatory requirements pertaining to retention of your information and we will ensure that your information is securely disposed of at the end of the appropriate retention period.
Storage of your personal information
All information you provide to us is stored in our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transfer of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site. Once we have received your information we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
There is a separate section on our site relating to online security which we recommend you read.
Access to your information
You may access your information (in return for a fee of £10) and request details of the entities with whom we have shared your information by writing to Manager- Service Quality, ICICI Bank UK PLC, 2nd Floor, One Thomas More square, London, E1W 1YN. You may ask us to make changes in your personal information to ensure that it is accurate and up-to-date. To protect your privacy and security, we may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before providing you with the details.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy are welcomed and should be addressed to: