HiSAVE Remittance Account
Apply now - HiSAVE Remittance Account
It's quick and easy to open a HiSAVE Remittance Account
- Applying online takes around 10 minutes.
- No minimum balance required to open an account.
Ready to apply?
Tax will no longer be deducted from the interest you earn on your savings account and these changes will take effect from 6th April, 2016
1 Who is eligible?
- You must be a UK resident (for at least the last year) and aged 18 or over.
- Businesses cannot open HiSAVE Remittance Accounts.
- You need to provide the account number and sort code of a UK bank or building society current account held in your name(s).
- The account must have a chequebook in your name(s), should offer direct debit payment facilities, and have an electronic funds transfer facility.
- This account will be your nominated linked account – the account from which your initial deposit and subsequent funding will be made.
- You must have a valid email address registered with us at the time of account opening.
- Existing HiSAVE customers may apply for a HiSAVE Remittance Account. However, existing HomeVantage Current Account customers cannot apply.
2 What documents do I need?
- At the time of applying online you won’t need any supporting documents.
- By law, before opening your account we are required to have adequate proof of your identity. For the majority of customers we’ll be able to verify your identity and address online using a variety of sources, including searches using public information bodies. If we're not able to do so, we'll ask you to send us documents to verify your identity and address.
- To know more about which documents are acceptable, please click here.
3 How do I apply now?
- Please apply online. Our simple online application should take around 10 minutes.
If you'd like to speak to someone before applying, you can call us on 0344 412 4444 (Calls to this number use free plan minutes if available, otherwise they cost the same as 01/02 prefix calls). We’ll be happy to help you. Please read our HiSAVE Remittance Account Terms and Conditions before applying.
Existing HiSAVE customers
- Please complete the online application form with the same details as mentioned against your existing HiSAVE Account, including the linked account details.
To open a joint HiSAVE Remittance account
- Simply complete the joint account holders’ details as part of the online application.
- Joint account holders need to have a shared current account with another UK bank. This is required so we can link your joint HiSAVE account to your joint current account.
- Each account holder must be able to use the joint account on their own, without the permission of the other account holder.
- If there is a disagreement between joint account holders, one or both of you should contact us in writing. From the date we receive and acknowledge the correspondence, anything to do with your account has to be authorised by both account holders. Read more about HiSAVE joint accounts.
4 What happens after I register?
- After you complete your registration, we will carry out identity checks. If you do not clear these checks we will ask you to send your identity and address proofs, details of which will be available in the email we will send to you. Once you satisfactorily clear our checks, we will email you to send your cheque.
- You must draw a cheque for £1 from the current account you wish to link.
- Once we receive the funds we will open the HiSAVE Remittance Account for you.
- Cheque for a joint HiSAVE Remittance Account application must be from a joint current account only, held in the names of the applicants.