Confirmed Exchange Rate - Pound to Rupee (GBP to INR)
Attractive GBP to INR Exchange Rates with a HiSAVE Remittance Account
- An online savings account designed for remitting money to India
- Transfer money instantly to any ICICI Bank Account in India, transfers to other Banks within 24 hours
- Confirmed Pound to Rupee exchange rate 24/7
- Open and manage your account easily online
Indian Rupee exchange rates are important to consider when you are sending money to India. When you make a transaction it is in your best interest to make sure that you get the best Pound (GBP) to Indian Rupee (INR) conversion rate possible. That way your money goes further.
Our HiSAVE Remittance Account is simple to set up online and we offer very competitive Pound to Indian Rupee (GBP-INR) exchange rates. You can see our live GBP-INR exchange rates by clicking here. We also give you a confirmed exchange rate at the time of placing a money transfer request.
When you set up a HiSAVE Remittance Account online, all your transfers to India can be carried out online. You will never need to visit a branch when you wish to send money to India. Plus your money will reach your recipient within 24 hours to any bank in India, or instantly if they have an ICICI Bank India Account. See below for more features and benefits of the HiSAVE Remittance Account.
- Online-only account opening and management
- Monthly interest on account balance while you wait to transfer money to India
- No minimum balance required
- Access to money transfer service 24/7, including weekends and bank holidays.
- Confirmed GBP to INR exchange rate 24/7
- Instant money transfers to ICICI bank Ltd. accounts in India
- Send money within 24 hours to 55,000 bank branches in India
- Service assurance on all money transfers to India
- Withdrawals and deposits can only be made via your linked UK current account
- No chequebook or debit card
What is a Rate Block?
Rate block is just one of the unique features you will find in your HiSAVE Remittance Account and it enables you to get more Indian Rupees for your Pounds. Tell us the minimum GBP to INR exchange rate at which you wish to remit money to India and we will ensure your money is transferred only at that exchange rate or at a higher rate. Because exchange rates fluctuate, it means you may get a more favourable GBP to INR conversion.
When you set up a “Rate Block” we will wait until Indian Rupee exchange rates reach your desired level before we carry out your Pound to Indian Rupee conversion and transfer your money to your beneficiary in India.
How do you set up a Rate Block?
Once you have opened your HiSAVE Remittance Account online and you wish to transfer money to India, simply click on the “Fund Transfer to India” and choose the “Rate Block” tab. You will then be able to choose the minimum amount for your preferred Pound to Indian Rupee conversion. Once you have set this up, we will convert your money from GBP to INR on the day, indicated preferred exchange rate has been reached and transfer your money to your chosen bank account in India.
Transferring in Pounds or Rupees
When transferring money to India you can choose whether you would like to give us a transfer instruction in Pounds or Indian Rupees. A GBP (Pounds) instruction will tell us the exact amount to debit from your HiSAVE Remittance Account and the corresponding INR (Indian Rupees) to be transferred. An INR instruction will tell us the exact amount of Indian Rupees to be credited to your beneficiary. For instructions in INR, the amount debited from your HiSAVE Remittance Account will be determined by the INR-GBP rate on the date of transfer, up to five decimal places.
How to set up a HiSAVE Remittance Account
It is simple to apply for your HiSAVE Remittance Account online in about 10 minutes, click here to apply. Once your account is set up, you’ll be able to send money at attractive GBP to INR exchange rates instantly to an ICICI Bank A/c in India and within 24 hours to any other Bank.