Send Money to India Online
Send Money To India 1.00% AER
- An online savings account designed for transferring money to India
- Send money instantly to any ICICI Bank Account in India and transfers to other Banks within 24 hours
- Earn interest on the balance maintained in your account
- Open and manage your account easily online
If sending money to India is something you do on a regular basis, we can make it easier for you. Our HiSAVE Remittance account lets you transfer money to India without visiting a branch.
You can apply online now and you will be able to send money at any time, or day you wish. Plus you will earn 1.00% AER interest on the balance. The HiSAVE Remittance Account makes sending your money to India fast and simple.
- Online-only account opening and management
- Monthly interest on account balance while you wait to send money to India
- No minimum balance requirement
- Send money 24/7, including weekends and bank holidays
- Confirmed GBP to INR exchange rate 24/7
- Send money instantly to ICICI bank Ltd. Accounts in India
- Send money within 24 hours to 55,000 bank branches in India
- Service assurance on all money transfers to India
- Withdrawals and deposits can only be made via your linked UK current account
- No chequebook or debit card
Our India Money Transfer Service Assurance
You can rely on us for your Indian Rupee money transfers to India. We assure you that we will transfer your money:
- Instantly – to an ICICI Bank Account in India
- Within 24 hours when you send money to any other bank in India
If we fail to meet this assurance, we’ll pay you 5 pence for every £10 transferred by way of credit into your account. Up to a minimum of £1 and maximum of £50
A standing instruction is useful if you need to remit money to India at regular intervals. Place your money transfer to India request once and we will send your money to India at intervals of your choosing,. Log into your HiSAVE Remittance Account, click on 'Fund Transfer to India' and go to the 'Manage Standing Instructions' tab. We offer regular money transfers for the follow durations:
- Every seven days
- 15 day intervals
- Every two months
Once you have set up your standing instruction you don’t need to do another thing. Your transfers will leave your account automatically on the durations you choose.
To let your recipient in India know that your money transfer is on its way, we can send them a text alert. This offers the beneficiary reassurance that the funds are on their way. Plus, the service represents good value at only 50 pence per text.
Future dated money transfers to India
If you want to transfer money to India on a particular date in the future, you can arrange it now, and the funds will be transferred on the day you choose. From your HiSAVE Remittance account, click the “Fund Transfer to India” tab followed by the “Transfer Money” tab and select your chosen date. The exchange rate at the time of the money transfer will apply to your transaction.
No need to watch Indian Rupee Exchange Rates with Rate Block
A Rate block is just one of the unique features you will find in your HiSAVE Remittance Account and it enables you to get more Indian Rupees for your Pounds. Tell us the minimum GBP to INR exchange rate on your Pound to Indian Rupee conversion at which you wish to send money to India and we will ensure your money is transferred only at that exchange rate or at a higher rate. By specifying a minimum preferred amount, you may get a more favourable GBP to INR conversion.
When you set up a “Rate Block” we will wait until Indian Rupee exchange rates reach your preferred level before we carry out your Pound to Indian Rupee conversion and transfer your money to your beneficiary in India.
Choose the currency of your money transfer request - in Pounds (GBP) or Indian Rupees (INR). You can choose to specify the amount in GBP or INR when sending money to India, so you know exactly what you are sending. A GBP instruction will tell us the exact amount to debit from your HiSAVE Remittance Account and the corresponding INR to be transferred. An INR instruction will tell us the exact amount of Indian Rupees to be credited to your beneficiary. For instructions in INR, the amount debited from your HiSAVE Remittance Account will be determined by the INR-GBP rate on the date of transfer, up to five decimal places.