ICICI Bank Indian Rupee Travel Card
Get your Indian Rupee prepaid Travel Card before you get your flight to India.
- Load your card at competitive exchange rates.
- Spend Indian Rupees securely using Your Card.
- Track your expenses with online access and email alerts.
- A Secondary Card is provided for emergency use.
- Now apply for the Indian Rupee Travel Card by post.
Page Sharing Links
If you’re planning on travelling to India, you would have already looked for cheap flights and a good deal on a holiday package. The one thing you can’t do beforehand is buy Indian Rupees in the UK. But you can get an Indian Rupee prepaid travel Card before you travel to India.
Load your ICICI Bank UK Indian Rupee Travel Card before you fly, and use it to spend Indian Rupees securely when on holiday in India. It also gives you better control of your expenses with free email alerts and online access to a separate Travel Card account.
- Load Indian Rupees on your Card at competitive exchange rates for free.
- Get prevailing exchange rates when loading or reloading INR on your Card.
- Withdraw money from any of over 6,000 ICICI Bank ATMs in India for free.
- Get a free Secondary Card for emergency use.
- Benefit from selected special offers and discounts.
- Get your Card instantly at the time of application in the United Kingdom (UK) (subject to identity verification).
- Load and reload your Card in UK.
- Withdraw cash from any bank ATM in India.
- Load or reload your Card for up to a maximum balance of INR 50,000 at any time using your nominated UK bank account.
- Use your Card at any merchants that accept Visa Cards across India.
- Shop online through websites that are Verified by Visa (VBV).
- If your Primary and Secondary Cards are lost or stolen you can request for additional Cards by calling us. (See schedule of charges)
- Keep a track of all your expenses with online access to your Card details, statements and account balance.
- Get FREE email alerts on transactions and reloads (optional text alerts at a charge).
- Change your PIN at over 6,000 ICICI Bank ATMs in India.
- Your Card will automatically close on the 170th day from the date of activation (use in India) and any balance remaining will be transferred to your nominated UK bank account.
Special offers in India
The ICICI Bank Indian Rupee Travel Card gives you access to special offers and discounts on dining, entertainment, travel and more. Click here for more details.
Get rewarded when you apply for a prepaid Indian Rupee Travel.
The ICICI Bank Indian Rupee Travel Card is subject to Terms and Conditions
Indian Rupee Travel Card
Please make sure that you read and understand the Summary of Information. For any assistance, please feel free to contact 24 hour Customer Care.
|Product offered by||The ICICI Bank Indian Rupee Travel Card is offered by ICICI Bank Ltd., and distributed by ICICI Bank UK PLC to the Cardholder in the United Kingdom (UK).
ICICI Bank Limited is incorporated in India. ICICI Bank UK PLC is a 100% owned subsidiary of ICICI Bank Ltd.
|ICICI Bank UK PLC’s role||ICICI Bank UK PLC’s role is solely to distribute the ICICI Bank Indian Rupee Travel Card to customers in the UK and assist in facilitating customer’s documentation to initiate the relationship with ICICI Bank Ltd.|
|Regulated by||The ICICI Bank Indian Rupee Travel Card is offered by ICICI Bank Ltd., India, which is authorised and regulated by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and governed by prevailing foreign exchange controls and other regulations stipulated by RBI for the purpose of issuing such product.|
|Protection||ICICI Bank Ltd., India is not authorised or regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and is not protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). Hence, the Card is not covered under the UK compensation regimes such as Financial Services Compensation Scheme.|
|Usage of the Card||
|Where to apply|
|Minimum/ Maximum balance||
|How to load and reload||
Your Card can be loaded/reloaded at any point of time subject to a maximum balance in the Card being INR 50,000. Any load/reload instruction that makes the total balance outstanding on your Card exceed INR 50,000 will be declined. You can load/reload your Card using any of the following methods:
Through online transfer:
By transferring funds in GBP from your UK bank account to ICICI Bank UK PLC’s account (Account number –76172238, sort code 30-00-81)
|Exchange rates and charges||
|Closure of Card||
|Contact||If you have a query or you are not satisfied about any aspect of ICICI Bank Indian Rupee Travel Card, please contact the 24 hour Customer Care.
Call: 1800 22 4848 or +91 22 28307777 (from India)
08081 31 41 51 (from UK).
|How to make a complaint||We are committed to providing you a service of the highest standard. If things do go wrong, we want to correct the matter as quickly as we can. If you have a complaint, please contact ICICI Bank Ltd. by either calling the 24 hour Customer Care on 1800 22 4848 / +91 22 28307777(from India) or 080 81 31 41 51 (free phone from UK landlines), or email us at email@example.com|
Schedule of Charges
|Card issuance||INR 350.00|
|Card Replacement||INR 150.00|
|Duplicate ATM PIN/Internet Banking password||Free|
|Cash withdrawal at ICICI Bank Ltd. ATMs||Free|
|Cash withdrawal at non- ICICI Bank Ltd. (other Banks) ATMs||INR 25.00|
|Balance enquiry from ICICI Bank Ltd. ATMs||Free|
|Balance enquiry from non- ICICI Bank Ltd. ATMs||INR 25.00|
|Transaction alerts through email||Free|
|Transaction alerts through text message (One time charges for subscribing to the service ).||INR 250.00|
1. Applicable Indian service tax will be levied on the aforementioned charges.
2. Charges mentioned above are subject to change. We will notify you either by post, email, or text. Please refer to our website for the latest charges.
3. ICICI Bank Ltd does not charge you any transaction fee at merchant establishments. There are certain merchants like Indian Railways and petrol pumps where there is a surcharge for using a Card. The surcharge at petrol pumps is 2.5% of the purchase bill or INR 10 whichever is greater and at Indian Railways it is an additional INR 30 per transaction. These will be debited from your Card balance and will appear as separate entries.
Who is eligible?
You need to be a UK resident traveling to India, 18 years
of age or older.
What documents do I submit?
- A completed application form. Click here to complete the application form online.
- A copy of your passport, valid for at least six months, and a valid proof of address.
- A recent passport sized photograph of yourself (for postal application only).
- When sending copies of your documents by post, each document should be self attested with the words “This is a true copy of the original” and have your signature.
Where can I apply for a Card?
What happens next?
- We will let you know when we have received your application and within three working days will inform you if your application has been approved.
- Once your application has been approved, we will send you a welcome pack with your Primary and Secondary Cards along with the respective PINs. When you receive the welcome pack you can load your Card. To know more about loading your Card click here.
ICICI Bank Travel Money
Get attractive rates, home delivery and a service assurance when you buy travel money from ICICI Bank.