ICICI Bank Indian Rupee Travel Card
Get your Indian Rupee prepaid travel Card before you get your flight to India.
- Load Indian Rupees on the prepaid travel Card at competitive exchange rates.
- Spend in Indian Rupees using the travel Card securely.
- Track your expenses with online access and email alerts.
- A Secondary Card is provided for emergency use.
Page Sharing Links
- What is an ICICI Bank Indian Rupee Travel Card?
- In which currencies is the Card available?
- What are the benefits of using the Card?
- Who is the issuer of the Card?
- What is the role played by ICICI Bank UK Plc?
- Is the Indian Rupee Travel Card covered by UK’s Financial Service Compensation scheme?
- How does the Card work?
- Can the Card be used outside India?
- Why would I need to use the Secondary Card?
- What are the steps to load or reload the Card?
- What is the minimum or maximum amount that I can load on my Card?
- What are the charges for using the Card?
- Whom do I call if I need assistance?
- Can the Card be used over the internet?
- If the merchant says that the Card is not working, what can I do?
- What exchange rates are charged at the time of purchase?
- Can I transact in currencies other than INR using the Travel Card?
- Can I buy more than one Card?
- Can I retain the foreign exchange (INR) on the Card after leaving India?
- Will I receive any confirmation on load or reload of the Card?
- How can I check the amount of funds remaining on the Card?
- What are the limits of withdrawing cash from ATMs?
- What if I forget my ATM pin?
- What happens if both my Primary and Secondary Cards get lost/ stolen?
- How fast can I get the additional set of Cards?
- Will the ATM pin of the new Cards continue to be the same as the ATM pin of the earlier Cards?
- How can I terminate my Card when I am in India?
- What exchange rate will apply when I terminate the Card?
- How is my Card secured against unauthorised cash withdrawals from ATMs?
- How is my Card secured against unauthorised payments at merchant establishments?
- What should I do to prevent unauthorised usage in case I lose the Card?
- What security features are implemented to prevent unauthorised usage of additional Cards before it reaches me?
- Are Mail Order- Telephone Order (MOTO) transactions allowed?
- What should I do if I want to terminate my Card?
- Where do I apply for the Card?
- When does the Card expire?
An ICICI Bank Indian Rupee Travel Card (“Card”) is a prepaid Indian Rupee (INR) Card that makes your trip to India more convenient. You can load the Card with Great British Pounds (GBP) and use it to withdraw cash in India in INR from any ATMs and pay at any merchants accepting VISA Cards.
The Card is available at ICICI Bank UK PLC’s branches. The Card also comes with a number of attractive features such as offers and discounts on food, entertainment and travel. Please visit http://www.icicibank.com/Personal-Banking/cards/prepaid/PrepaidCardsOffers/index.html for the latest offers.
Instead of spending time encashing travellers cheques or changing your local currency, the Card enables you to load INR directly onto it, and use it anytime when in India. You will also receive attractive foreign exchange rates on converting your local currency into INR while loading and reloading your Card. Since it is a prepaid Card, it also helps you budget and plan your expenses.
The ICICI Bank Indian Rupee Travel Card is offered by ICICI Bank Ltd., India and distributed by ICICI Bank UK PLC to the Cardholder in the United Kingdom (UK).
ICICI Bank Ltd. is incorporated in India. ICICI Bank UK PLC is a 100% owned subsidiary of ICICI Bank Ltd.
ICICI Bank has appointed its wholly owned UK subsidiary, ICICI Bank UK Plc as a distributor for the Card to customers in UK and to assist in facilitating customer’s documentation to initiate the relationship with ICICI Bank Ltd.
ICICI Bank Limited is not authorised or regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Hence, the Card is not covered under the UK compensation regimes such as Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
Your Card can be loaded with INR once your application is approved. Once loaded, you can use it for cash withdrawals, shopping at merchants or for online transactions on Indian websites only. You can continue to use your Card as long as funds remain on the Card account. You can reload your Card anytime.
You may need to use the Secondary Card, if your Primary Card is lost, stolen or damaged. Contact our 24 hour Customer Care to cancel the Primary Card and request activation of the Secondary Card.
Please refer to ’How to load or reload’ under Product Summary.
There is no minimum amount, the maximum balance allowed at any time is INR 50,000. You cannot load more than the Indian Rupee equivalent of USD 10,000 on the Card.
Please contact our 24 hour Customer Care. at1800 22 4848 or +91 22 28307777 (from India) 080 81 31 41 51 (from UK) or email: email@example.com
Yes the Card can be used over the internet but only on Indian websites that are Verified by Visa (VBV).
- Firstly ensure that your Card is only used at merchant establishments which accept VISA Cards.
- Ask the merchant to ensure that he has swiped your Card on a Debit / Credit Card terminal.
- If the Card is still declined, go to the nearest ATM to check your available balance. There will be a charge for using your Card in a Non ICICI Bank ATM.
- If a balance is available on your Card, you can withdraw the cash from the ATM and settle it with the merchant.
- Report the matter to our 24 hour Customer Care.
The funds will be loaded at ICICI Bank UK’s prevailing rate for the day, when the funds are received from your nominated linked UK Current Account.
No, the Card allows transactions (cash withdrawal, POS transactions and e-Commerce transactions) only in INR.
You can withdraw money from an ATM or initiate the refund from one of the ICICI Bank branches in India before leaving India. The Card will automatically close on the 170th day from the date of the first swipe and ICICI Bank will credit any remaining balance to your nominated UK bank account.
On every successful / unsuccessful load or reload request, we will send you an email confirmation. If you have signed up for text alerts, you will also receive a text alert on successful load or reload above INR 5,000. Please refer to our‘Schedule of Charges’.
You can check the balance on your Card by using the internet banking facility or at any ATM in India. Most ATMs in India have the facility to check the balance on a Card in INR.
The minimum that you can withdraw from any ATM in India is INR 100. The maximum that you can withdraw from any ATM in a day is INR 50,000.
Call our 24 hour Customer Care and request a new one. The new pin will be generated after verification using Interactive Voice Response (IVR). You can regenerate a pin online as well.
You will need to call our 24 hour Customer Care and place a request for an additional set of Cards. You will be charged a nominal fee of INR 150 plus applicable service tax for this additional set of Cards. Once you receive the additional set of Cards, you would need to contact our 24 hour Customer Care to confirm receipt. Your Card will be activated on your first transaction in India at any bank ATM or merchant.
The additional set of Cards will be dispatched within four working days of placing the request at our 24 hour Customer Care.
No, you will receive a new ATM pin along with the additional set of Cards. You will need to use the new Primary Card and pin to transact at ATMs.
You can either withdraw the remaining balance from an ATM in INR or visit an ICICI Bank Ltd. Branch with your identity proof, or contact our 24 hour Customer Care to place a request for closure of your Card and transfer the remaining balance to your nominated linked UK Current Account.
The funds would be credited to your nominated linked UK Current Account at the prevailing rate on the day when you place a request for termination of your Card. These rates will be available at www.icicibank.co.uk.
The Card comes with advanced security features.
To withdraw cash from all bank ATMs using the Card, you need an ATM pin.You should remember your four-digit pin and destroy the document. Do not write it on your Card. The Card will be blocked after 4 unsuccessful PIN attempts.
Transactions at merchant establishments are protected by a signature. The merchant has to match the signature on the charge slip (produced by the electronic data capture machine at the time of purchase) with the signature panel on the reverse of the Card. You must sign on the signature panel immediately once you receive your Card.
If your Card is lost or stolen you must report it immediately to our 24 hour Customer Care. Your Primary Card will be terminated and you can activate your Secondary Card.
What security features are implemented to prevent unauthorised usage of additional Cards before it reaches me?
The additional set of Cards will be dispatched along with an ATM pin for the Primary Card by courier. The Primary Card can be activated only when you call our 24 hour Customer Care and confirm the receipt of the Card in proper condition. Without this verification, your Card would not be enabled for transactions.
No, Mail Order- Telephone Order (MOTO) transactions are not allowed.
In case you need your Card to be terminated, please approach the nearest ICICI Bank Branch in the UK , or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our 24 hour Customer Care (1800 22 4848 , +91 22 28307777 in India or 08081 314151 in the UK).
At any of our 11 Branches.
You can also apply by posting your application to: Indian Rupee Travel Card, ICICI Bank UK Plc, PO Box 68921, One Thomas More Square, London, E1W 9HB. Please attach a photograph on your completed and signed application form, with the required proofs of identity and address self attested with the words “This is a true copy of the original” and your signature.